preloder

The Phoenix Park

The Phoenix Park

Office of Public Works
Whitefields, Phoenix Park
Dublin D08 KDC4

Contact: Margaret McGuirk
superintendent.park@opw.ie
phoenixparkvisitorcentre@opw.ie
www.phoenixpark.ie
+35316770095

LIST OF SERVICES
  • Public Guided Tours
  • Guided Group Tours
  • Private Group Tours
  • Coach Parking Onsite
  • Coach Drop Off Area
  • Coach Pick Up Area
  • Car Parking
  • Self Guided Interpretation
  • Guided Tours
  • Cafe
  • Outdoor Facilities
INTERPRETATION LANGUAGES
  • English

The Phoenix Park, at 707 hectares, is one of the largest enclosed recreational spaces within any European capital city.

The Park was established in 1662 by one of Ireland's most illustrious viceroys, James Butler, Duke of Ormond, on behalf of King Charles II. A herd of fallow deer has lived in the Park since the 1660s when they were introduced by the Duke of Ormond. The Phoenix Park is a sanctuary for many mammals and birds and a wide range of wildlife habitats are to be found in the Park. One such area is the Furry Glen, which is managed as a conservation area. The Phoenix Park Visitor Centre and Ashtown Demesne are accessed from the Phoenix roundabout on Chesterfield Avenue and provide numerous attractions for all ages. These include Ashtown Castle, an engaging Visitor Centre, a two and a half acre Victorian walled kitchen garden, the Phoenix Café, bathroom facilities, car and coach parking, woodland walks, a picnic area and a universal access playground.